I saved this clipping from a January 26, 2005 newspaper. It was published in Annie's Mailbox, with the note *author unknown*
If a dog was your teacher, you'd learn stuff like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
When its in your best interest, practise obedience.
Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On hot days, drink lots of water, and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around, and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
This weeks challenge was for photos that invoke emotions. Not what they make the photographer feel, but the feelings brought forth by those ...
-
This week's Sunday Stills challenge: This next weeks challenge is to get something framed by nature. Trees making a frame over a strea...
-
As some of you may (or may not) know I recently returned from a trip out east. My dad has kidney disease and was scheduled to have a transpl...
Doggone right!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the dogs.
ReplyDeleteMy four dogs live by all of those and they are pretty darn happy and content. I need to practice them more too, I guess!
ReplyDelete"When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently." Oh... that one got me. Sooo true. Dogs are the best!
ReplyDeleteI will never be half the person my dog is.
ReplyDeleteBut I try.
I agree with the dogs.
ReplyDeleteContextual Ad Network India