Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Still Wouldn't Kick Her Outta My Barn

Perhaps the greatest racehorse in history? Zenyatta retires today after winning 19 races. Unfortunately today she was second, by a NOSE, after a spectacular drive to the finish.
Freakish but gorgeous, Zenyatta is 17.5hh and 1200 lbs compared to the average TBs 16hh and 1000 lbs. She is known for her come from behind style. Another oddity, in the homestretch when most horses are shortening their stride she is lengthening hers.
The naysayers will be saying "I told you so" but I still think she's pretty darn amazing!

9 comments:

  1. That's too bad about her 20th race. I'm disappointed. But still, she is one of the greatest horses ever to set a hoof on the track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty amazing all in all .And a wonderful horse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not having has TV for the last 2 years, I hadn't seen or heard of this horse before yesterday. We went to the Legion yesterday, and I was fortunate enough to see her run the Breeder's Cup Classic. When I first saw her, I was entranced at her regal presence,I couldn't take my eyes off her. Her walking stride was amazing, she was slow dancing her way to the gate; she has the look of eagles. She was boxed in during the race and the length of her stride in the stretch was unbelievable- she leaped with every stride! It was a heartbreaking nose length loss for this champion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous girl!

    I see OTTBs down here over 17hh all the time! They seem to go to eventing homes quite often. But she's a HUGE girl to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow she is amazing, its sad she lost, but she is still amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is THE QUEEN, we are not worthy! she ran the best race, she was the best horse, her nose was just not first over the line. the best horse does not always win. she is THE QUEEN!!!!!
    - The Equestrian Vagabond

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, Zenyatta rocks. A NOSE! Can you believe that. Dang it.

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday ~ new trailer!