Monday, July 11, 2011

Back in the Saddle, Again

Yesterday was team sorting and I managed to ride all 8 of my runs!  I took Voodoo and he seemed to be feeling almost normal. I could tell he was still a bit stiffer and sore than normal but he definitely had his "try" :)
We had some nice runs, even winning the jackpot on our 'hidden' team.
Connor, on the black, was my hidden jackpot partner
The adorable leopard appy is named YOR Pretty Woman, barn name Julia 
(love it!)
I'm glad I went to sorting but it was a soggy day (Mikey we must have got your rain) ;)  It alternated between light, steady rain and hard, steady rain all morning.  Just before lunch break the sun started to peek out, only to be followed by a downpour.
It rained so much that my ballcap was soaked right through, to the point that there were drips coming through; my boots were so soaked that I could feel water squish when I walked.  I had remembered a complete change of clothes, unfortunately I forgot dry footwear lol

I'm feeling a bit sore tonight, but I have appointments with my massage therapist & chiropractor tomorrow.

Voodoo got Absorbine RefreshMint-ed after I untacked him, between that and the rain he was silky soft.  He also has a follow up massage this week.

9 comments:

  1. Send that rain down here, dang it. We get surrounded by it, but it never falls HERE. I'm dying for some rain!!
    Love that appy, she is super pretty. Congrats on your win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Mikey said about the rain. Falling all around us, and not ON us. Saves on lawn mowing though... buwahahaha

    Nice Appy!!!!!!!

    Give Voodoo a rub from me too please for having such a good heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you and Voodoo are doing better! It will probably take a while for the stiffness to go - glad you are going to massage/chiro.

    We have rain off/on here too - wish I could send it south!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't think it would take long for you to get back in the saddle, those Saskatchewan girls know how to cowgirl up!
    'Course, it helps to have a little massage and chiro too- only slightly jealous of the massage! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a real good time, except for the rain...and the foot wear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't kick either of those horses out of my corral. ;-)

    Glad you are feeling a bit better.

    I always seem to forget extra socks. I've finally resorted to stashing extra pairs everywhere. If I could just remember where I put them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous Appy!!
    Sorry about the rain. Believe me, I know what that is like!! So I know it is miserable!!
    Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to ride through the weather! You're one tough cowgirl.
    Love that appy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a pretty appy! For a sec I though it's name was "black" I though well....ok then.

    Soon you won't be sore at all and it will all be in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday ~ new trailer!