So my good bb (blog buddy) Laura kicked me a tag. Meme your bucket list. Eight things you want to do before you die. I'm a pretty conservative type, shy... keep to myself. So my little list may not be that exciting to you but these are my eight:
1) Travel! I have only ever travelled in Canada, and not much at that. My humble 'little' country has some of the most beautiful places God put on this earth. But I want to see more. To that end Kimfer and I are planning a trip to Greece next year in September. A riding trip to Greece! The riding vacay is about 8 days long but if we go I plan to stay a month. (Pie has family there so I'm sure my days would be kept filled!)
2) Find a competent teacher and take more riding lessons. My riding skills are a bit rusty, I never did take tons of lessons. I want to fine tune what I already do know and advance.
3) Live on our own land! Pie and I want to find an acreage close to 'the city' (Saskatoon). Not having the greatest luck right now but maybe one day.
4) Lose weight & get in shape. I won't dwell on this a lot, I've talked about it briefly before. I want it for me. I want to be healthy and live for a long time (although sometimes when I see the news I'm not sure about that!) Also, my brother and sister both have kidney disease. If I ever donate a kidney to one of them I'd like to be in good shape. I have no proof but I think the operation and recovery would be easier on me if I was. (and yes I'm selfish, I'm only donating one kidney! lol)
5) Learn to swim. I love the lake and the river but I'm a bit afraid of water. (must be the Gemini thing)
6) Try some kind of riding totally different than what I do. Take a ride on a well trained cutter/reiner/dressage/hunter. Or to really blow my mind make a run on a top level barrel horse! You know, just for comparisons sake. :)
7) For Pie and I to vacation somewhere together. Preferrably tropical and just the two of us. Of course work makes that difficult.
8) Learn to dance... lmao. Okay I am clutzy and have no sense of rhythm. Can you just picture it? I guess watching shows like "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Dancing With the Stars" have given a lot of people the dancing bug! Hey, maybe that's how we can rejuvinate the horse world...