Actually, not really... it was Mrs Mom that kicked me. lol She passed on the "Six Things You Don't Know About Me" tag. So I've been letting this percolate in my poor l'il brain.
Some of the stuff I've thought of sharing deserves its own post. Other things may be too embarrassing. I don't really know any of y'all but I like what I do know and don't want to scare you away! lol
A few things that I considered but didn't make the list were:
*I'm new to blogging and semi-technically impaired. (but I'm pretty sure that's been stated before, and obvious!)
*I'm a married gal (yup that's been covered)
*I'm horse crazy (well DUH)
*I'm a (multi types of) whore... but NOT "that" kind of whore (oh yeah, we've covered that!) lol
*I have an addiction to putting smilies and "lol" type things on posts and comments. ;)
So here's the real list:
Six Things You Don't Know About Me
(or may not want to know! lol)
1) I am basically an honest person. In real life AND on my blog. I say basically because I believe that NO ONE is 100% honest 100% of the time. I tell the truth as much as possible without hurting people's feelings for no good reason. After all there is a difference between honesty with tact and honesty with poor intentions. And on that note, if I know you in real life and never say anything "bad" to you, I probably don't really like you. If you are my real friend you can take it if I disagree with you or have a bitchy moment. :)
I try to blog the same way I would talk to you. That means I might not always agree with you, or I may sound like a babbling idiot at times.
2) I have a strange schedule. If you happen to notice when my comments are made or when my posts are put up you may have caught onto this. You see, I work at my husband's family's restaurant. It was never my intention to go work at the family biz. I used to work at a motel. The company that owned the motel had several different properties and kinds of hotels/motels. I changed properties and in the process of doing so I got SERIOUSLY screwed over. Shortly before we got married I was at my breaking point and so I went to work at the Diamond. So now I work 4 evenings a week (Wed-Sat). I work from 5pm to ?? (anywhere from 10pm to 3am depending on what's going on, usually no later than 1am). My hubby works from 5pm - 2 or 3am, 6 evening a week (although lately its more like 6 1/2). You'd think there'd be all kinds of perks working at the family eatery... but no. I haven't had a "real" vacation in the 5 years I've worked there, and I'm suffering serious burnout... I need a break from customers!!!! lol (there are a few perks though)
3) I am a TV junkie. Seriously. Thank goodness my cable box has a DVR. I pretty much never watch anything while it is actually on. I record it and watch it later, bye bye commercials (unless its something that catches my eye) An hour show can be watched in approximately 40 minutes. I do watch most of my TV late at night, after all its not like I could be riding then! I'll watch something while I'm on the treadmill, or hubby and I watch it together when he gets home from work. Late at night is also when I usually do housework, or blog!
4) My house is a state of chaos. Seriously, it looks like a tornado landed here. Its embarrassing and I'm a bit ashamed of it. I'd looove for my house to look clean, tidy, organized... ready for a photo-op. Funny enough there's an ass-backwards reason for this. Besides the obvious "I'm a very busy person who would rather LIVE her life" there is this one, I'm secretly very particular about how things are done. And if they can't be the way I want them to be then I'd pretty much rather they be completely the opposite.
5) I'm a Gemini, and it really does fit me. I'm like 2 people in one. Serious at times and a total smartass at others. As a Gem my taste is eclectic. Books, I read true crime to chick lit (Sophie Kinsella rocks), horror (Dean Koontz!) to non-fiction (Freakonomics). Music, anything goes, classic country (Patsy Cline) to metal (Apocolyptica, Metallica), hip-hop to classical. Even my taste in men! My "celeb crushes" are John Rich (Big & Rich, thank you Nashville Star!!) and John Cena (WWE wrestler, err... yes I watch wrestling - with Pie).
6) This ones hard to admit to all of you out there in blogland, after all you never really SEE me. So here goes. I am fat. No, not chubby, fat. Not one of those chicas that needs to lose 20 lbs. Obese. I am working on changing this, and have made some progress. There are many physical reasons for it and a few emotional ones as well. If you're a larger person you know being fat in the world in general is hard, try being fat in the horse world. Especially the show world (goodness I'm glad I don't show!) lol. Okay, I just said it, I don't show, but I do barrel race and being fat in THAT horse world is VERY difficult, after all the stereotype of the typical barrel racer is "skinny bitch".
Well I hope that didn't scare any of you away. If you're still here I'd like to kick this over to:
Denise, Lester's "mom" over at Less is More.
Steph, who calls The School of Life With Horses home.
Laura, maybe she'll tell us what's up with the name little keebler.
and my new friend over at Adventures of a Horse Crazed Mind, her name is very long so I call her AOHCM.
Oh, and Mrs Mom... this isn't "really" Tundra Country, its prairie country. hehe Hope I did you proud!