Friday, January 3, 2020

First Ride!

Of 2020 that is :)

I rode Lefta on NYE at dusk.  It was my first ride in months, after district finals the horses pretty much got a big vacation/break while I tried to let my leg heal (torn/bruised groin muscle from earlier in the season).She was pretty well behaved but I could tell she really wanted me to let her open up some instead of walking/trotting.  My leg felt the strain of getting on though (should have used a mounting block!) so we stuck to quiet slow work.

Frosty got the call for the first ride of the year and he was so good!  You'd never know he'd had so much time off.  We wandered around the arena playing with a few things to work on softness.  It was the perfect start to the day.

-2C on January 2nd!! :o
I wasn't really dressed for riding, I had gone out to grain and maybe play with the horses a bit but man these fleeced lined leggings are nice for milder winter days!  I may wear them some more, but I either need to find bigger stirrups or wear different boots.  I've been hung up in a stirrup before and once was enough!

While I really like these milder temps I sure hope we get some more snow.

2 comments:

  1. Super mild here too. We get a bit of snow, then it rains. I have been noting the weather cycles for years and it seems that if we don't get much rain in the summer we get a wet and mild winter. I guess it balances out that way. Makes for good riding weather for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know there's a 12 word sentence you can communicate to your crush... that will induce intense feelings of love and impulsive attractiveness for you deep inside his heart?

    Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, cherish and look after you with all his heart...

    12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Impulse

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to work better than before to build your relationship stronger.

    Matter of fact, triggering this mighty impulse is absolutely binding to having the best possible relationship with your man that once you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will immediately find him expose his heart and soul for you in a way he's never experienced before and he'll see you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly understood him.

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday ~ new trailer!