Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Stills ~ Spring Preview

I'll let Ed tell you about this week's Sunday Stills theme in his own words:
"I don’t know about ya’ll but I’m sick of no color to photograph in winter. So with that lets dig into the archives for this week and lats see some color from previous springs and summers to warm us up a bit, more color and warmth the better..:-))"

Well for me nothing says spring more than a new foal!  Here's a pic from a few years ago of 3 babies crashed out for a nap in the sun while their momma's have lunch, taken at the same breeder where I got Odin & Tavi:

I never did get to use that hammock, taken at my Uncle's cabin at Cumberland Bay, Grand Lake (New Brunswick).  I almost used this pic in last week's "Emotions" theme.
One of my all time favourite photos, taken at Peggy's Cove (Nova Scotia)
The following are flowers that I grew at our old house in the city:




And here is Voodoo looking forward to spring, and I'm looking forward to him having that shiny, sleek coat again instead of being a hairy little yak! lol

13 comments:

  1. Love the photographs! Makes me realize that spring is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, especially the boats, very colorful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots, I agree the boat shot is exquisite..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the boats! Your horse is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the foals. The closeups of the flowers are very nice! I wish I could use a hammock too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the boats! And of course the colorful flowers.
    Come on Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so refreshing to see pictures of horses with summer coats and flowers and such. Great pics. Did my heart good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done they were all nice but I'm leaning towards the shot of Voodoo he doo have a beautiful coat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black is one of my favourite colors too, especially when it's sleek and shiny! Love th roses, the first one and last one look like the Morden Blush rose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I can see why the boat shot is a favorite. Wow, look at that shiny coat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some great pics! I can't wait till the roses come out here... :)

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday ~ new trailer!