Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring is here

I received the following `birth announcement` in my e-mail the other day. Its from Kimfer`s aunt Jacquie (my `adopted` aunt) -

Well now I know "SPRING" is on it's way!! March 29 we had our first little heifer, two weeks early but healthy and already escaping, this is the smallest calf we have had so far. It has been a long cold winter and after losing Bear and Ziggy it sure is great to see some new life in the corrals . Her name? "Spring " of course, only 15 more to go!!

Jacquie


*photo by Jacquie Fehr*

7 comments:

  1. Awwww, what a tiny sweet thing. And Spring is such a perfect name :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh She is beautiful, I love baby calves! This is a great time of year. I love babies. We are expecting our first baby, er, um from one of our mares! heck no not me!! I love you my friend! I hope you are having a great weekend.(I posted a slideshow if you wanna go take a look)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww calves are so darn cute!

    People are having a terrible time calving around here this year. Everyone has lost lots of babies to the storms. It is so heartbreaking. So it is really nice to see one warm and comfortably nestled into a deep pile of straw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious is this!!! What an adorable little calf! It is so wonderful to have animals in our lives.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted a pet cow. Always. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday ~ new trailer!