Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ooooh the temptation!!

**First of all I would like to say Thank You to you all for your kind words regarding my last post.  It did help to write it out and get things off my chest and your support was truly appreciated.**

Now onto today's post...
Two summers ago I ran into my friend Michelle (who lives a few hours away) and found out she bred Boston Terriers.  I jokingly (sort of) said "I'm putting in an order for a brindle. But it has to wait until we get an acreage because I can NOT have another dog in the city"
Fast forward to late last spring when we moved to our acreage.  Two weeks after we moved I saw a Facebook status update from Michelle saying "I have two brindle boys for sale!"
After a discussion with Pie I asked Michelle to send me a pic... here's the very first time I saw Tucker:
For the record she did also send me a pic of his brother.  After e-mailing back and forth about the pup's personalities I knew I wanted Tucker.  Then one day we met up in 'the city' and I got my little guy.
He was sooo tiny compared to Comet & Misty when they were pups, but like most puppies he played hard and slept hard.  He was so gosh darn cute!  I have tons of pics of him sleeping, but I'll spare you and just show one:
And as he approaches being a year old (in March!) he is growing into a handsome little dog:
Who is also a bit of a pain in Comet's butt... literally.  Poor old Comet, Tucker harasses him endlessly.  Grabbing mouthfuls of hair or his tail and setting back to pull, or chewing on his hocks, or just bouncing around like a pesky mosquito.
Its funny to watch the doggie dynamics.  When it was just Comet & Misty it always seemed like Comet was "top dog".  Now things have changed, Tucker bosses Comet yet he would never pull the crap he does to Comet on Misty, she has that little guy toeing the line!
So where's the temptation you ask?  Well Michelle posted on Facebook that she has a new litter of black & white Bostons that will be ready for new homes at the end of the month...
We DO want a second Boston eventually however right now is not the time.  I do NOT need 4 dogs.  And while I would like to think that Tucker and the other puppy would play with each other and Comet would get some relief I kinda think what would happen is that the two Boston's would gang up on the poor old guy! lol

16 comments:

  1. A lovely dog, good to here he has settled in. best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had a soft spot for Boxers and Bostons. Love those pushed-in faces and stubby tails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - he is sooo cute - no wonder you are tempted to get another one! 4 dogs would be alot to worry about, considering all of the other critters on the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Temptation is an evil thing! LOL

    Tucker rocks. Easy to see why you'd think about another one, but I have to agree-- Poor Comet probably would wind up on the bad end of the chewie bone with two of those little stinkers underfoot!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been owned by a Boston Terrier for 13 years. She is the love of my life and the perfect dog. I will always be owned by at least one...I understand the urge to get another one...they are they best dogs in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh come on! 4 would be great! LOL! We just got done with having and yeah, its not like the work increases by a forth, I swear it doubles.

    Cute picture BTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had four and I didnt find it any more work than three... if anything it was less because the other cattle dog we had would actually play with Hawky (the ridgebacks were older and wouldnt). It is amazing how much two dogs of the same age and energy level can play! It keeps them younger longer and it is so wonderful to watch two dogs play! PLUS... it is easier to go through having another puppy now while you still have a "toddler"... think, in two years you could have two adult dogs all trained!

    lol... ok... so maybe I wasnt the right person to ask:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, time to get a female and raise your own!

    Bwahahahaha

    (Just kidding)

    I just showed Tucker's pics to My Honey and even he did the 'aawwww'.

    We have seriously considered getting a little dog, but I am truly afraid it would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, you already know how much work one puppy is. Now, two puppies doesn't double it. It TRIPLES it! Really, what do you think of the poor women who have back to back pregnancies? Or kids only a year apart? It's difficult on those poor women!

    And Steph is right. Every time you add another, you double the workload yet again.

    So, ask yourself this: Are YOU ready to do another round of house training by getting up at all hours of the day and night? Are you ready for only a couple consecutive hours of sleep at a time again?

    I already know the answer. I just wanted to remind you again. ;-)

    Plus, you'll be able to live blog-cariously through me at the end of next month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! and as I think I said before , a great name! My old Golden was Tucker ,and truy one of the most amazing dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having recently done this kind of spacing between Delilah and Sugar, I can say first hand they do gang up to do things, both on us humans AND other critters. LOL

    Tucker is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Man he is just too cute for words I can see how it wuld be soo tempting to get another one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tucker is so cute! I agree with you though that two of them would most likely torment your older dog. There will be a time and a place for another someday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love me a Boston! Our little Lola bosses the Great Dane puppy around. Only about 130 lbs difference in the weight- but she is the smart one!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday ~ new trailer!