Thursday, March 8, 2018

How did I forget to tell y'all...

This fall a bunch of stuff fell into place and I was able to get something I've wanted for quite awhile now... arena lights!! :D 
I had written off actual proper lights as too expensive and a pipe dream but Hubster and I were talking about ways to get something done that would allow me to ride at night and then everything started to fall into place (patience is a virtue) ;)  
Out of the blue one day my friend sent me a pic with "look, lights!"  Turns out her husband, who is an electrician, had found some lights at an auction.  Then he found power poles to install them on.  He got a steal of a deal on the lights themselves, and even with making a healthy profit for himself *I* got a steal of a deal on the lights.  The poles were a good price too.  In the end the only thing we paid full price on was wiring and stuff like that.  So we ended up with properly installed actual arena lights and electricity and a light in the announcers booth!  I'm not sure if I'll be able to host jackpots but I will definitely have more time/flexibility in my riding schedule now!!

let there be light!

1 comment:

Wordless Wednesday ~ new trailer!