Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Barrel horses - Gate Issues
Ocassionally Voodoo has a bit of a gate issue, not terrible **knockwood** but still, not a fun or good thing.
I stumbled across this short video by PJ Berger and really liked what she had to say:
Some of the stuff I liked and took away:
* check out different reasons for the issue: maybe your horse needs some down time, maybe it's a pain or medical issue.
* stay ready to run but keep relaxed while you're waiting. It won't kill you to not visit your friends for a few minutes.
* some horses need to move to stay relaxed, it doesn't take a lot of space to keep them moving
* try to avoid turning around if you get held up
* ride like you train! If you train with hands low, keep them low and vice versa
* keep yourself relaxed, did y'all catch how her horse reacted when she 'tensed up'?
I haven’t seen Northern Lights in ages. And then the other night there they were! Putting on an amazing show and dancing across the sky. U...
So its time to fess up and tell y'all WHY I've been pretty much MIA lately... Pie and I are trying to sell our house. Yup, we'v...
In honour of spring and the restart of Sunday Stills I thought it fitting that the first theme is... NEW BEGINNINGS So next Sunday post y...
Here's to the land of the shamrock so green, Here's to each lad and his darlin' colleen, Here's to the ones we love dearest ...