There have been a lot of projects going on here this summer/fall. Nothing huge, some downright little...
The chicken coop was a bit too cold last winter, so we've added some insulation. Shavings getting into the corners of the door were a problem last year, they'd freeze and cause the door to not close properly. Also we put in some roosts and took out the pallets that the hens had been using as roosts, holy smokes that made it seem SO much roomier in there!
Pie wanted an outhouse due to hosting jackpots and now having a boarder. So he & J started building one (almost finished, just a few touches left)
Pie also wanted flags around the arena. Seriously, he wanted them around the whole arena. We compromised on two (it went something like "NO. You can have two or none, your choice" lol) So now there is a flag on each side of the gate.
The announcer booth got a coat of paint (white).
Corral panels were removed and a gate put in going from the arena to the pen beside it.
An electric waterer was put in the cow pasture. This was probably one of my fav projects to have done as it means no more hauling water!
Not really a project, but Norman the runty little "let's give it a gamble" bull was sold and we have a replacement bull, Baxter. Baxter is a papered Dexter, black and naturally polled (yay! that means there's really good odds his calves will be polled too!)
A head gate was put in to make handling the cows less redneck and easier on everyone, human and bovine.
I've FINALLY started getting my barn more organized. The tack room is okay, Pie bought me some sweet saddle racks last year so that made a huge difference. Then I got the storage/feed room cleared out, shelves and counter wiped down and floor swept. Organized it and it looks much better. Still have two piles of miscellaneous stuff to go through and keep/donate/sell/toss, then decide where to put the keep stuff. That will be a relief to have done!
I know, I know, some of this needs pics... hope to get some soon.